Get Adobe Flash player
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Minnesota has won the first two games of the

Minnesota has won the first two games of the 4 years 9 months ago #2203

• zhangzk
  • Platinum Boarder
CLEVELAND — With Cleveland’s pitching staff in chaos http://www.jetsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-trevon-wesco-jersey , the Indians will try to regroup Sunday and avoid a three-game sweep by the Minnesota Twins.
Cleveland’s top two starting pitchers, Corey Kluber and Carlos Carrasco. The Twins have won five in a row against their American League Central rivals, outscoring the Indians 36-16.

The Indians’ 9-3 loss Saturday was a costly one. Carrasco was knocked out of the game in the second inning when he was hit on the right elbow by a line drive off the bat of Joe Mauer. Carrasco went to a local hospital for tests after the game.

“It hit him right on the elbow. He was hurting,” Indians manager Terry Francona said. “They’re still doing some scans. Right now, they are calling it a contusion and the hope is that’s all it is. We’ll know more tomorrow.”

Carrasco’s early exit caused Francona to use most of his bullpen, including right-hander Adam Plutko, who was scheduled to start Sunday. But those plans changed.

Shane Bieber will be recalled from Triple-A Columbus to start Sunday in place of Plutko.

Bieber made a spot start for the Indians, his major league debut, on May 31, coincidentally against the Twins. The Indians won the game 9-8, but Bieber was not involved in the decision. He pitched 5 2/3 innings, allowing four runs and eight hits with six strikeouts and one walk.

Bieber has been the Indians’ top minor league pitcher in the first half of the season. In a combined 12 starts at Columbus and Double-A Akron Clelin Ferrell Jersey , Bieber is 6-1 with a 1.29 ERA. One of those wins was a rain-shortened seven-inning no-hitter for Columbus.

Bieber will have his hands full with a red-hot Minnesota lineup, led by outfielder Eddie Rosario, who has been a one-man wrecking crew against Cleveland this year. On Saturday, Rosario was 4-for-4 with a double, a home run and two RBIs. All four of his hits came on the first pitch.

Against the Indians this year, Rosario is batting .471 (16-for-34) with six home runs and 11 RBIs.

“They are in a special place (offensively) now,” Francona said. “Rosario, the first pitch you throw him he’s just whacking it. We need to throw him some pitches out of the zone. He’s hitting everything. They are a good hitting team.”

The Twins’ Sunday starter will be right-hander Jake Odorizzi (3-3, 4.19 ERA), who has not won since May 8. In six starts since, he is 0-1 with a 4.70 ERA, although a lack of run support has been part of the problem.

The Twins scored three runs or fewer in four of those six Odorizzi starts http://www.raidersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-josh-jacobs-jersey , the last of which came June 12 against the Detroit Tigers. The Twins won the game 6-4. Odorizzi got a no-decision, pitching five innings, allowing two runs and four hits with four strikeouts and four walks.

Odorizzi earned a no-decision in his last start against Cleveland on May 31. He pitched 3 2/3 innings, giving up eight runs (seven earned) and seven hits with three strikeouts and two walks.

In six career starts against Cleveland, Odorizzi is 1-2 with a 6.33 ERA.

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — Moments after becoming a Miami Dolphin, defensive tackle Christian Wilkins nearly sacked Roger Goodell.Wilkins gleefully leaped into the commissioner on the draft stage in Nashville, Tennessee. The Dolphins hope it was the first of many NFL celebrations by Wilkins, a 315-pound lineman from Clemson with an outsize personality to match.“Very charismatic,” Miami general manager Chris Grier said with a chuckle. “He told us it was the best decision we ever made when we picked him.”A rebuilding project has left the Dolphins perceived as the league’s lightweights, and to help change that, they used the 13th overall pick on the bulky Wilkins.The Dolphins went 7-9 in 2018 Johnathan Abram Jersey , and after shedding numerous veterans from the roster this offseason, they’re widely expected to be worse this year under new coach Brian Flores. Their odds for winning the Super Bowl are 250 to 1, longest in the NFL.Even so, Wilkins was thrilled to be Miami-bound, as Goodell could attest after being targeted with a flying shoulder bump.“He wasn’t too upset about it,” Wilkins said with a laugh. “He wished me good luck. I’m surprised he didn’t hit back or anything. I did get him kind of hard. My shoulder is actually hurting a little bit from how hard I bumped him, but I was just so excited.”Miami passed on Ohio State quarterback Dwayne Haskins, and instead attempted to shore up a defense that last year allowed 6,257 yards, most in franchise history.The draft was deep in defensive linemen, and some projected Wilkins as a top-10 pick. Last year the first-team All-American had 15 tackles for a loss and six sacks.The Dolphins had an extensive scouting report on Wilkins because their new defensive line coach, Marion Hobby http://www.raidersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-trayvon-mullen-jersey , was his position coach at Clemson.“A very smart, versatile player,” Grier said. “Highly productive. I love the size, the athletic ability. For us it was an easy decision.”Wilkins helped the Tigers win two national titles, and became their first scholarship player to earn a degree in 2 1/2 years. He’s optimistic he can excel with the Dolphins.“I know about the history — guys like Dan Marino and Jason Taylor who put on that uniform,” he said. “I want to work hard so I can get to the point where I can be considered great like those guys.”While Wilkins was in a celebratory mood, he turned reflective when asked about his grandfather, killed in 2011 when a SWAT team rifle accidentally discharged during a raid.“My grandfather meant everything to me,” Wilkins said. “He was the most influential person in my life.”In opting for a lineman, Miami has still used a first-round pick on a quarterback only once since 1983. Well-traveled veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick signed with the Dolphins in March, and they’ve acknowledged he’s merely a caretaker, but the draft wasn’t deep at the position.The Dolphins might pursue Arizona quarterback Josh Rosen Maxx Crosby Jersey , who is on the trade market after the Cardinals used the No. 1 overall pick to take quarterback Kyler Murray of Oklahoma. Arizona took Rosen with the 10th overall pick last year, and the former UCLA star had a rocky rookie season.“We’re investigating all avenues,” Grier said.With a multitude of needs still to be addressed, the Dolphins have one pick in the second round and another in the third round Friday. They’ll be in the market for an edge rusher and right tackle, among other positions.“Where we are, we’ve got to build the roster up and create depth and competition everywhere,” Grier said.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds