Get Adobe Flash player
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: It started off better this week, but Steeler Natio

It started off better this week, but Steeler Natio 5 years 6 months ago #1971

• zhangzk
  • Platinum Boarder
Steelers vs. Falcons Authentic Javon Hargrave Jersey , Week 5: Knee Jerk Reactions to Pittsburgh’s 41-17 win over Atlanta As Week Four was as demoralizing as it gets, I felt compelled enough to pick against the Steelers again at home against Atlanta. So if you want to know how my emotions fluctuated throughout the evening, keep on reading.Nonetheless, a simple reminder, a knee jerk reaction is an immediate and unthinking, emotional reaction. It’s basically shooting first and apologizing later. I can safely say that’s a true definition of your’s truly and a good lot of Steeler Nation. Here’s my real-time reactions during the Steelers and Falcons quest for redemption.Quarter 1James Conner has to set the tone early. Gotta set up the pass with the run.Not a TD. Should be reversed.Nice dive by Conner. That’s definitely a score.How much more of Boswell can we take?Is Landry’s absence as a holder the problem?I really wanted to see Matthew Thomas, but Fort is playing with heart.The Steelers really need to set the tone early with no points on the first drive.I know it is a free play, but Vance still needs to catch balls like that.Conner looks like a true feature back so far.Ben is not on point at all.The Ridley change-of-pace is good scheming.Great grab on a not-so-great pass by JuJu.Quarter 2A T.J. Watt sighting...good.Don’t blame AB, Ben is missing him.Defense is regressing.Edmunds looks good during this drive.Dammit Dupree.Watt the Hard to blame T.J. on that. Hate that call.Terrible third down defense.Two sacks one drive. Am I in a coma?Finally a third down stop.Blitzing makes a huge difference. Wish they could have done that last week.Mike Hilton is valuable to this team. Huge penalty on that punt. Gotta capitalize.Good decision by Ben to pull Dan and run instead of throw it away.Tak McKinley, that’s why you here about Big Ben. Made you look silly on that play.Bad decision by Ben. Blew a decision for a Chris Boswell miss on that pick.He’s decomposing by the week.Quarter 3Decent defense to start the second half.I don’t think he is, but if Ben is throwing to AB out of spite...that’s a problem.That was a pretty drive.Ben and AB are magic when they connect.Defensive stop and a Special Teams block...how many wires am I hooked up to?Rosie Nix is a perfect Steeler.Frustration leading to a defensive penalty and it isn’t the Steelers. Definitely a coma.Get in the end zone and widen the gap.Great assist by Rosie. Nice run by JC.Bostic fell. Horrible call.Bud needs his hands chopped off. That’s two Youth Sean Davis Jersey , Alvin.Quarter 4Don’t worry Fox announcers, Julio is going to get his catches and then some.Ito Smith is named after Lance Ito? Kudos Mrs. Smith. Just Brilliant.That hookup between AB and Ben was Jennifer Aniston gorgeous.Falcon fans, I feel ya. Your team looks like they’ve gone to a Western PA school of discipline as well.Conner is putting on a clinic.I want that “Pittsburgh is Stronger Than Cancer” T-shirt.Brian Allen is having a great game on Special Teams.Good job, Artie Burns.Correction. C’mon Artie Burns.Watt came to life today. Fort as well.Defensive TD? My God....they’re going to pull the pug on me. I’ve got to fight the white light.Huge win. Ben was much better in the second half.This was a huge win. I should pick against them more. ...So...now as I replay the game more and more in my head, my perceptions and maybe my prescriptions will alter. But for now, you just got a glimpse of the first thoughts that popped in my mind while I was watching this game. Feel free to get your commentus maximus on in the section below.Cam Heyward on Steelers defense: “We’ll be ready for Monday night” Take a second to think about the following statistic: In the last two games played at Heinz Field, the Pittsburgh Steelers have scored 79-points — and lost them both.Things aren’t good in the Steel City, and it starts and ends with the defense. This isn’t to suggest the offense doesn’t have issues, but when a team typically puts up 37-points in a four quarter game, it should be good enough for a win.In the latest defeat, the Steelers defense surrendered 6 touchdown passes to second year quarterback Patrick Mahomes and the high-powered Kansas City Chiefs’ offense, and looked as inept as they ever have during the Mike Tomlin era.After the Chiefs lit up the Pittsburgh defense more than a firework show, Cameron Heyward was asked about the defense Cheap James Conner Jersey , and all he could say was the team didn’t “kick enough a—” and they’ll be ready for Monday night, referring to the team’s Week 3 game on Monday Night Football vs. the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Florida.Check out what he had to say:As the defensive captain, Heyward will have some leading to do this week, because the road doesn’t get easier for the Pittsburgh defense. If you thought Mahomes was red-hot coming into the Week 2 game, Fitzpatrick and the Tampa Bay offense might be equally as lethal.Just check out Fitzpatrick’s stats the past two weeks leading into the Week 3 contest in prime time, courtesy of Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.Fans should remember Fitzpatrick is filling in for suspended starter Jameis Winston, and in the offseason when Winston’s suspension was announced Steelers fans thought they were receiving yet another break — might want to think again.Either way you slice it, the Steelers defense will need to play a lot better in the near future if they want to avoid an 0-2-1 start, which at one time felt as if it were an impossibility when the schedule was released with the Browns, Chiefs and Buccaneers to start on the schedule.Now it looks more realistic than ever the skid could continue if things don’t improve.Heyward said they will be ready for Monday night — they better be.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds