Get Adobe Flash player
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where were you when the Music City Miracle happene

Where were you when the Music City Miracle happene 5 years 5 months ago #2037

• zhangzk
  • Platinum Boarder
This week’s theme on the SB Nation NFL blogs is “where were you when...” The obvious choice for the this site is where were you when the Music City Miracle happened? I have told my story a bunch of times Womens Brian Orakpo Jersey , but some people might not have heard it before, so here it goes again.I was a senior in high school in January of 2000. The Friday night before the game I was at a high school basketball game and my parents left the house for a little bit to take my sister somewhere after going to the grocery store. When they came back home, they realized someone had broken into our house. They didn’t end up getting much from the break in, other than a case of Moutain Dew my mom had just bought for me, but they really trashed the place. They dumped out every draw in the entire house. There was crap everywhere. We cleaned up some that night, but left most of it to be done on Saturday.Saturday morning I had a church league basketball game. I had a terrible game, so I was pretty ticked off after that and the events of the night before. The Titans’ game was starting as I got in the car, so I listened to Mike Keith on the way home before sitting down in the den at my parents’ house to watch the rest of the game with my dad.The game takes me from ticked off to just plain ol’ depressed. If you were watching the game, you know what I am talking about. Steve Christie kicks a 41-yard field goal with 16 seconds left in the game to give the Bills a 16-15 lead. The season is over. I am looking around the room realizing that after all of this I have to spend the rest of the day cleaning up the house.Then....I still get goosebumbs and tears in my eyes watching that to this day. The next 10 minutes are so are a blur between the jumping around the living room, high-fiving my dad, and running up to the TV while they are showing the replay to prove that it was a lateral.If you watch the TV broadcast:It takes just under 4 minutes from when Kevin Dyson crosses the goal line for Phil Luckett to announce the play stands. It felt like a million years and 4 seconds all at the same time.Where were you when the Music City Miracle happened?MCM CONTEST: PREDICT THE AFC I’ll be honest, I was probably going to hold this contest anyways, but I ended up running out of time to finish my AFC Preview—I know, I know ... the lack of coverage on the Bengals Womens Delanie Walker Jersey , Dolphins, and Bills was a huge disappointment to all—and I wanted to find another way to wrap it up.So, I decided to get everyone here (at least those who care to participate) involved.

I’m “sponsoring” the first-ever MCM AFC Pick ‘Em.The rules are simple:In a single post (no amendments after the fact), give your record prediction for each AFC team.Also, clearly denote your 6 AFC playoff teams either with accompanying asterisks or by making the team names bold or italicized.You’ll receive 1 point for every team’s record you are able to successfully predict within one game of their final, actual record.As an example, if you pick the Titans to win 11 games, you’ll get 1 point if they finish anywhere between 10-6 and 12-4.The relative order in which you list teams doesn’t matter, i.e. how you order teams you predict will have the same record.You’ll also receive 1 point for correctly predicting that a team will make the playoffs.This second opportunity to score is not tied to the first—if you get a playoff team right, but miss on their record, you’ll still get the secondary point.Ideally, you would earn 2 points per playoff team by hitting on both their record and post-season berth.That’s all there is to it.Theoretically, an entrant could earn a max of 22 points if they were right on every team, but we all know Nostradamus isn’t a member of the site.That brings me to one qualifier: you must have been a member of MCM (and a Titans fan) prior to this contest being posted.I don’t want the prize to go to someone who signs up just to “place a bet” Authentic Austin Johnson Jersey , and I especially don’t want it go to a troll from the SB Nation Netherrealms.If you’re one of those “longtime reader, first-time commenter” folks, feel free to hop in and introduce yourself to the gang.If I don’t recognize your username, I’ll simply do a quick vetting if you win to make sure you meet the criteria.In the result of any tie(s), those left standing will settle things by predicting the outcome of the AFC Playoffs, but we’ll cross that bridge if and when we get there.Prize, you say?I’m offering up a Riddell Mini Helmet—in the Titans’ new design of course—to the Grand Champion.If I somehow pull out the win, well ... then everybody else who participates owes me one instead.I’m not sure I have a need for that many small helmets, but fair is fair.The deadline for entries is this Sunday, September 9th, by 11:59 AM CST—before Titans @ Dolphins kicks off.Without further ado, here is my entry:1. Patriots - 11-52. Steelers - 10-63. Chargers - 9-74. Texans - 9-75. Titans - 9-76. Jaguars - 8-87. Chiefs - 8-88. Broncos - 8-89. Bengals - 7-910. Ravens - 7-911. Dolphins - 7-912. Browns - 6-1013. Colts - 6-1014. Raiders - 4-1215. Jets - 4-1216. Bills - 3-13Good luck to everyone!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds